Today there wasn't any food in my house and I was really hungry so I decided to stop being lazy and make some pretzels. I'm not much of a cook but these are really easy to make and I figured I'd share the recipe with everybody on my blog. So here it is.
1 1/4 cups warm water
4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 1/2 - 4 1/2 cups of white flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
a little bit of vegetable oil
salt or cinnamon sugar
Makes 8-12 pretzels
- Dissolve yeast into the warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Put about 3 cups of flour into a mixing bowl with the sugar and salt.
- Slowly pour in the yeast solution into the bowl so that it is absorbed. Add more flour as needed. Mix until a ball of dough is formed.
- Coat the ball of dough with a little bit of vegetable oil then place the dough in a Ziploc back or a bowl. Let it rise for about 50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius)
- Divide the dough into 8 - 12 pieces and form into a pretzel shape(it can be any shape you want but you don't want them too thin). Place them on an oiled cooking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let them cool off a little bit, spread some melted butter on them, add salt/cinnamon sugar and enjoy.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how your pretzels came out.